I have provided consulting services for clients around the world. I specialize in science education, with emphasis on practice and reasoning in the primary, secondary, and higher education levels. Get in touch with me to learn how I can help your organization better prepare teachers, leaders, and students to face the challenges of a changing science education landscape.
- Development and/or implementation of educator workshops based on your district’s or school’s needs
- Speaking on STEM education topics
- Curriculum development and review
- Assessment consulting
- Department external review
- DBER grant external review
- Science writing
- Educational content authoring
- Educational product reviews
- or contact me with your needs
Selection of Past Clients
- I consulted with the State Department and participated in several brainstorming sessions at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace concerning scientist re-engagement in Syria and shared my past experiences with Iraqi scientists with the Undersecretary of State for Arms Control and International Security.
- I developed and conducted two workshops for Mexican secondary physical science teachers in Puebla, Mexico. One workshop focused on teaching and assessing science practice in the classroom. The second workshop focused on teaching and assessing scientific reasoning.
- Working with the Director of Curriculum and Instruction at Prince Edward County Schools in Virginia, I developed and conducted two workshop series on inquiry-based science teaching for elementary and middle school teachers. I also advised the district on equipment purchases for standards-based inquiry lessons, and consulted on adding physics to the high school curriculum.
- I developed and implemented a 9-week after school engineering experience for students at Palmetto Academy of Learning and Success in Myrtle Beach, SC. The after school program centered around LEGO robotics, and was based on Next Generation Science Standards in Engineering Practice.
- I consulted on site with the Junior College at the University of Malta on implementing reformed laboratory activities focused on producing learning gains in science practices.
For more information, send me an email through the contact page here.